Who we are
We help businesses acquire new customers & build brand loyalty by enabling them to securely sell to millions of verified students, faculty, and military personnel worldwide.
Founded in 2020, Proxi.id is an award winning SaaS company that is quickly becoming the leading verification service for businesses that want to offer academic users and other consumer groups with personalized and gated offers. The world’s top brands trust and use our verification service to increase sales and reduce fraud.
Privacy is one of our core values and an important part of who we are; we verify users instantly without requiring personal data or the need for additional accounts. Our service is fast, frictionless, and secure.
Who we’re looking for
The Business Development Representative (BDR) Internship is the perfect way for recent college or university grads to join a rapidly growing start up. We’re currently hiring a full-time, fully remote position (Ontario, Canada). This role starts as a 6 month paid internship. At the end of that time you have a review with your manager and could be brought on as a permanent employee.
We’ll teach you how to fill the top of the sales funnel by prospecting, qualify leads, and book the meetings and demos.
What you’ll do
- Own lead generating activities by utilizing prospecting and research tools to qualify opportunities while collaborating with team members and scheduling calls and demos
- Provide customer insights for areas for improvement in brand positioning and messaging, and product innovation
- Gain practical sales and business development experience interacting directly with customers
- Learn and use industry-leading sales, marketing & prospecting tools, like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Hubspot & Dialpad
- Receive mentorship from colleagues with years of sales, business development and marketing experience
- Attain valuable insight and knowledge of the inner-workings of a successful tech startup
- Work on special projects as they arise
Who you are
- Outgoing and energetic
- Confident and persistent
- Not afraid to make outbound phone calls
- Passionate about startups and technology
- Recent college or university graduate, preferably in business related field
- Meet the following NRC-IRAP Youth Employment Program Eligibility listed at https://nrc.canada.ca/en/support-technology-innovation/nrc-irap-funding-hire-young-graduates
What we offer
- $50,000 per year salary ($25,000 for the 6-month internship) + incentives
- Four day workweek (and yes, 3 day weekends!)
- Personal Days
- Relaxed and casual, yet energetic startup environment
- Stipend to cover your mobile phone
- Fully remote position (Ottawa, Canada)