Proxi.id takes your right to privacy and your personal information seriously. We believe that people should be able to take advantage of great online services without needing to unnecessarily or arbitrarily share more information about themselves than what is minimally required. This policy is intended to help you understand how Proxi.id manages your personal information. You are consenting to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this policy when it is provided to us by you.
Our Commitment to You
- Operate with minimal personal information.
- We only process and store what is necessary to provide the service and we do our best to obfuscate and anonymize your information whenever possible.
- Your personal information belongs to you.
- It doesn’t matter where you live - you have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, restrict or object to certain uses of your personal information.
- We don’t share Personally Identifiable Information (PII) with third parties.
- If a third party requests that we provide your PII, we will refuse to share it unless we are legally required or if you give us permission. If we are legally required, we will tell you in advance (unless it is unlawful to do so).
What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
PII is any data that can be used to identify you as a specific individual. We consider your name, mailing and email address, phone number, IP address, geolocation and behavioral data to be PII.
What is non-personally identifiable information?
Why we process
We only process your information for reasons of legitimate interests. These legitimate interests can include:
- Providing and improving our products and services
- Providing you with support
- Preventing risk and fraud
- Providing analytics and reporting
- Advertising, marketing or other communications
What are your data protection rights?
Proxi.id would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Proxi.id corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Proxi.id to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Proxi.id erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Proxi.id restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Proxi.id’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Proxi.id transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Your personal data will also be protected according to the Code of Conduct for Service Providers, a common standard for the research and higher education sector to protect your privacy.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will action any privacy complaints promptly and seriously and will notify you of the outcome after the completion of our investigation.
Where we process
Proxi.id is a Canadian company with technology that is hosted on a platform using some of the most rigorous security and compliance standards in the world. We securely process and store your information in ISO 27001, ISO 27018, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC3, FedRAMP, HITRUST, MTCS, IRAP and ENS third party certified data centers that are audited regularly. To provide our service we may send your personal information outside of your province, state, or country.
Privacy policies of other websites
Proxi.id Data Protection Office 27 Auriga Drive Suite M1053 Nepean, ON K2E 0B1